Developer Capcom have announced their first title update for their latest dino-slaying ‘Exoprimal’, going out today. This update adds 10 new Alpha Exosuit variants, 34 modules used to customise Exosuit performance, and a free decal celebrating the collaboration between Exoprimal and J-Pop group ‘Da-iCE’. A full emote ‘Funky Dance’ will be made available with the next title update in October based on their song “Funky Jumping’. The future of the game will also include new missions, dinos, and even a Monster Hunter collaboration.
Check out the gallery and full press release below. Exoprimal is currently available on Xbox Series consoles and Xbox Game Pass. On the fence on trying out this cool PvE slash PvP experience? Have a gander at our review of Exoprimal here.
Exoprimal™ Free Title Update 1 Available Now with 10 New Dino-Slaying Exosuit Variants
Suit up, Exofighters! Today, the expansive armory of Exoprimal™ is getting even bigger with the launch of Title Update 1 across Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows, with Xbox Game Pass for console, PC, and Cloud, and on PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, and PC via Steam. This free content update bolsters the online team-based action game’s growing arsenal with 10 new Exosuit variants and over 30 Modules. Alongside all this new dino-slaying technology, Title Update 1 includes a free Skywave “Egret” skin to commemorate the milestone of more than one million players joining the wargames.
Exosuit variants are equipped with unique weapon loadouts that contrast with the standard models. These alterations change the effective combat range of suits and provide more freedom of choice, allowing Exofighters to discover fresh playstyles and develop entirely new strategies.
The 10 Alpha variant Exosuits deploying in Title Update 1 today include:
- Deadeye Alpha: Burst Fire – This model sports a shotgun with a short-range spread that focuses into a five-shot burst while aiming down sights, offering offensive options for any distance.
- Zephyr Alpha: Energy Chakram – Unlike its melee-focused counterpart, this Zephyr aims to keep a distance from foes, as its projectiles grow more powerful in mid-range fights.
- Barrage Alpha: Rocket Hop – This model packs a rocket launcher, which can be charged to deal more damage and cause explosions that also allow it to leap high into the air.
- Vigilant Alpha: Marksman – The highly maneuverable Marksman wields a semi-auto rifle that spits a stream of single-fire projectiles. One out of every few shots also packs an extra punch!
- Roadblock Alpha: Fortress Shield – This Roadblock variant features an arm-mounted shotgun and a detachable shield, which enables it to defend one area while fighting in another.
- Krieger Alpha: Charge Shotgun – This model trades its minigun for a chargeable shotgun that can fire wide-range scatter shots or powerful compressed blasts that will send foes flying.
- Murasame Alpha: Frost Glaive – The Frost Glaive unleashes a counterattack that emits waves of ice and freezes enemies in their tracks, making them vulnerable to follow-up attacks.
- Witchdoctor Alpha: Duality Beam – This suit fires energy beams that heal allies and harm foes. The longer a beam connects with its target, the stronger its effect becomes.
- Skywave Alpha: Thunder Clap – This model summons lightning from above to paralyze its foes. These bolts can also be charged to hail down powerful targeted strikes.
- Nimbus Alpha: Double Barrel – Brandishing two types of shotguns, this variant can both heal and deal damage with a sizable spread shot that gets more potent at close range.
These Exosuit variants are playable in both the main game mode, Dino Survival, and Savage Gauntlet, the 5-player co-op time-attack mode that introduces new challenges each week. Alpha variant Exosuits can be unlocked for free in-game by leveling up the base versions of the Exosuits to suit level 20.
Alongside the new armor, Title Update 1 includes 34 more Modules that allow Exofighters to customize how their Exosuits perform on the battlefield. Some of these additional Modules can be equipped by any Exosuit, whereas others are designed for use with specific models or variants.
Title Update 1 also features a free Exosuit Decal celebrating the collaboration with J-pop group Da-iCE, who produced the song “Funky Jumping” for Exoprimal. A “Funky Dance” emote will also be released in the next title update this October, allowing Exofighters to break out dance moves from the music video.
Beyond Title Update 1, Capcom is supporting Exoprimal with free content updates each season. Season 2 arrives in October 2023 and will include a new map, mission type, Rigs, Modules, and the highly anticipated Street Fighter™ 6 collaboration. In January 2024, Season 3 will feature Beta variant Exosuits, a new Neo Triceratops boss enemy, a Monster Hunter™ crossover, and more. Please stay tuned for more information on upcoming updates in the future.Exoprimal Title 1 Press Release