Developer Ascendant Studios and publisher Electronic Arts have announced that Immortals of Aveum’s latest 126.96.36.199 patch, dubbed “The Echollector Update”, is now available across all platforms. This update introduces free playable content, a new game plus mode + higher level difficulty, performance improvements, and a free trial on Xbox Series consoles (demo on PC) covering the first three levels of the game.
Per the press release on the new update:
“THE ECHOLLECTOR” Content Update is a new endgame objective for players who want more lore and new content to play through once they’ve reached the later chapters. The events of the Everwar left the Path weak, scattering chunks of the consciouscape across Aveum and creating corrupted Shatterfanes – portals to new, undiscovered areas.
Jak must rid Aveum of these Shatterfanes and put a stop to whatever malevolent forces are siphoning away the Path’s power in a new boss fight. The Shatterfanes will automatically be available upon reaching Glaivegate, giving you the chance to take on this new challenge.
- Endgame Content: Continue Jak’s adventure in the new gameplay content, “The Echollector,” as he rids Aveum of corrupted Shatterfanes and stops a magical construct known as The Echollector from siphoning The Path’s power.
- 4 new endgame Shatterfanes to complete. The first three Fanes reveal the Fane path to the final bossfight with The Echollector.
- New Gear rewards, including a Legendary Green Sigil
- New Lore to discover that tells the story of The Echollector, an ancient Arystean being
- New Game+ – Option for players to begin a new playthrough while preserving or enhancing key progression features:
- Upgrade your Epic and Legendary gear to higher levels with the Forge in NG+
- Rebalanced enemy health, damage, and abilities
- Jak carries forward most spells and abilities unlocked in a previous playthrough
- Adjustments made to experience and currency earned while playing
- Grand Magnus Difficulty – An additional game difficulty option that provides players with new combat challenges in the most challenging version of Immortals of Aveum yet.