Publishers Ratalaika Games and LLC Shinyuden have released the sequel to the PC Engine-classic ‘Cyber Citizen Shockman‘, ‘Cyber Citizen Shockman 2: A New Menace’, for the west for the first time today on Xbox consoles. Fully remastered for the current generation and a new audience, Cyber Citizen Shockman 2 is a superb retro arcade action feast starring two characters that captures the excitement and appeal that made it a true genre favourite. It builds with new gameplay and challenges from the first title.
Check out these features & facts:
- New game modes
- 9 Stages
- 12 Boss fights
- A true red hot blaster
- More action that the original game
- Art gallery
- A more focused and serious experience
- Co-op local mode
- Music was composed by Koji Hayama (Mega Man ZX Advent)
- Producer was Toshiro Tsuchida, who would later work as a director/producer for the Arc the Lad and Front Mission series
- Many of the game’s bosses in Cyber Citizen Shockman 2 were the winning results of a contest held for fans in Japan at the time
Have a gander at the trailer and gallery below for more information on Cyber Citizen Shockman 2: A New Menace. You can grab the game on the Xbox Store over here for the awesome price of $5.99 USD.