Developer Exit Plan Games and publisher Untold Tales have announced that their historical sandbox adventure ‘Bang-On Balls: Chronices’ will be launching on Xbox consoles on the 5th of October. Glorious bouncy 3D platforming and combat inspired by some of the best in the genre from Italian plumbers, blue hedgehogs, or wild bandicoots! Become BOB, a reckless bouncy hero embarking on a quest of epic adventures and chaos.
Bounce with single player, 4 player online co-op, and 2 player splitscreen support as you boing between (slightly inaccurate) historically themed open worlds each with their own unique mechanics, items, and enemies. From the Vikings through to the Age of Pirates. From Feudal Japan over into The Space Race. Each world lets you hop in and out whenever and carry over progress.
Check out the trailer, gallery, and press release below for more information on Bang-On Balls: Chronicles. The game is currently available on Steam in early access. Otherwise check out the Xbox Store page here.
A Ball of a Time Awaits | Bang-On Balls: Chronicles Launches on PC, PlayStation, Xbox, and Switch October 5th, 2023
A massive new open-world map set in Japan added to the already content-loaded game for the final release
11 September 2023, Warsaw, Poland Exit Plan Games and Untold Tales have announced that Bang-On Balls: Chronicles will be launching on PC, PlayStation, Xbox, and Switch on October 5th, 2023.
Bang-on Balls: Chronicles is an absolutely content-loaded, goofy, destructible open-world, sandbox adventure with combat, platforming, character customization, and collect-a-thon scavenger hunting experience that you can play solo or in co-op.
While in Early Access the game amassed a 97% Overwhelmingly Positive rating on Steam from 2300+ reviews.
Created by Exit Plan Games, a team of highly experienced developers who previously worked on AAA titles such as The Witcher 3, Gears of War, Cyberpunk 2077, and Bulletstorm to name a few.
Throughout our careers, we’ve been making games that demanded a very high level of production on a lot of fronts. Tight controls, varied gameplay, smart level design, loads of content, intricate AI systems, the list goes on. All so that these massive maps felt alive and fun to play in for hours and hours. Despite now being an indie dev, we applied the exact same approach and standards here. The game is fundamentally built around the idea of giving players something that is absolutely stuffed with varied things to do but is always fun to play. It’s something that can easily be fired up for a few relaxing minutes and feel like you made progress, or be a game you play for 40+ hours or more.” Damien Monnier, Studio Co-Founder, Exit Plan Games
The launch in October will see the game get yet another open-world map, that has players time-traveling through feudal and modern Japan to fight a giant Kaiju. All owners of the game on PC will get this content for free.
Bang On Ball Chronicles Press Release
- Glorious bouncy 3D platforming and combat with razor-sharp controls.
- Smash, dash, and steamroll around massive, highly destructible, open-world maps.
- Absolutely loaded with content. Fight foes, rescue allies, take on multiple objectives, uncover secrets, and collect treasure troves of themed items and weapons. Each map has its own unique mechanics, boss fights, secrets, items, and themes.
- Bounce Around History as each map is set in an interesting historical era – Vikings, Pirates, Space Race or Feudal Japan with more to come as post-release support.
- Customize your character with 400+ items – flags, weapons, shields, hats, masks, tattoos, boats etc and all collected from playing. No paid cosmetic DLCs
- Up to 4-player online co-op and 2-player split screen. Seamlessly jump in and out of sessions with friends and keep everything you’ve collected.