Developer Torn Banner Studios and publisher Tripwire have announced that Chivalry 2’s latest major update, dubbed ‘Raiding Party’, is now available across all platforms. This patch finally implements cross-platform party support, adds a new 64 player map “The Sacking of Bridge Town”, a new sword weapon for the Footman and Knight classes, a new battle pass, and a limited-time jousting mode. This mode will run from the 19th of May to June 4th and will have 2 players joust it out alongside other limited-time modes.
Have a gander at the trailer and press release below for more information. A reminder that Chivalry 2 is available on Xbox Game Pass for consoles and PC. And if you’re on the fence, check out our super positive review of the game right here.
Chivalry 2 Launches for PS Plus Members; Raiding Party Update Introduces New Map, Cross Party Invite System and more for all Platforms
Developer Torn Banner Studios and publisher Tripwire Presents announced today that Chivalry 2 is available now for PS Plus Members for the month of May. Today’s news comes alongside the launch of the Raiding Party Update, the latest major content update for Chivalry 2 across all supported platforms. Available now, the Raiding Party Update further increases the size and scope of the ultimate medieval battlefield with a brand-new Team Objective Map “The Sacking of Bridgetown,” the Heavy Cavalry Sword, the “Raiding Party” Campaign Pass, and more! In addition, Chivalry 2 players can look forward to joining forces with friends free of platform restrictions with the beta release of the highly anticipated Cross Party feature.
Chivalry 2 Raiding PartyUpdate Key Highlights Include:
- Cross Parties (BETA): Players can now add friends and create parties across all platforms.
- New Map – “The Sacking of Bridgetown”: 64 players clash in battle in this brand-new Team Objective scenario that finds an Agathian wine festival disrupted by a Tenosian invasion! Invading Tenosians must torch the countryside, crash the Agathian celebration, and throw their nobles off the bridge while Agathian defenders fight to defend Bridgetown every step of the way.
- New Weapon – “Heavy Cavalry Sword”: Available for the Footman Man-at-Arms and Knight Guardian classes, this one-handed weapon has long reach and slow swings. Designed with horseback combat in mind, players can “lead the charge” with the Heavy Cavalry Sword by inputting a special attack while mounted. In addition, the heavy sword features unique slash attacks when mounted and on foot, providing further versatility.
- New Campaign Pass – “Raiding Party”: The new “Raiding Party” Campaign Pass with a cornucopia of new challenges and customization unlocks, including new armor, imperfections, facepaint, heraldry, and weapons!
- New “Mounted Arena” Mode (Coming Soon!): Starting soon, players will prove their strength and skill before a cheering crowd in “Mounted Arena,” a brand-new limited-time 1v1 PvP Arena Mode. From May 19 through June 4, players will be able to mount up and challenge each other to a joust on Tournament Grounds with randomised weapons. The Mounted Arena mode will join other fan-favorite limited-time modes, including Brawl, Archer vs. Archer, and Free-for-All.
Chivalry 2 is out now on PC (via Steam and Epic Games Store), the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®5 computer entertainment systems, Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, for an MSRP of $39.99 / €39.99 / £34.99 for the Standard Edition, $49.99 / €49.99 / £39.99 for the Special Edition, and $59.99 / €59.99 / £49.99 for the Chivalry 2: King’s Edition with an ESRB rating of M for Mature and a PEGI 18 rating.
Chivalry 2 players should keep an eye out on official social channels for news about upcoming sales promotions for the franchise. To stay up to date on the latest Chivalry 2 news, please sign up for the newsletter on the official website, follow Tripwire Presents, join the official Chivalry 2 Discord server, and follow the developers on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.