Publisher Dotemu announced today that their recent release, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge, has passed the 1 million sales milestone. Our very own Nick Baker reviewed the title back at launch and gave it a 9.0, stating “Overall, Shredder’s Revenge is an exquisitely executed example of modernising a classic genre and making you feel like this is how you remember the older games looking and feeling, despite being so much better.” The game is available on Xbox Game Pass for console & PC. Dotemu’s press release is copied below:
Critically Acclaimed Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge Video Game Combos More Than a Million Copies Sold as Fans Around the World Party Like it’s 1987
The Heroes in a Halfshell’s All-New Adventure Evolves Co-Operative Arcade-Style Fighting in an Exhilarating Celebration of the Turtles’ Most Radical Era
PARIS (July 13, 2022) – Publisher Dotemu (branch of the Focus Entertainment Group) and developer Tribute Games, in partnership with Nickelodeon, today announced more than 1 million copies of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge have been sold after one week, as fans celebrate the long-awaited return of classic TMNT beat-em-up action. The critically acclaimed co-operative brawler is available on PC, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox Game Pass and PC Game Pass.
A shell-kicking return to the classic TMNT universe as depicted in the 1987 cartoon, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge finds the Turtles racing to foil the menacing Shredder’s latest scheme. The heroes in a half shell battle the infamous villain’s forces throughout an adventure recalling TMNT’s most memorable locales and moments, racing to stop Shredder’s plan before he plunges the world into chaos. Players and critics alike have found the return of Leonardo, Michelangelo, Raphael and Donatello to be totally tubular, dude, with Manhattan’s gnarliest heroes bringing their own unique abilities and moves into a modernized revitalization of their signature agile style of combat.
“TMNT: Shredder’s Revenge is the game I dreamed of working on ever since I began watching the original cartoon and funneling coins into the TMNT arcade cabinets as a kid,” said Cyrille Imbert, CEO of Dotemu. “We are immensely grateful to Nickelodeon for the opportunity to honor an era of TMNT that profoundly impacted the lives of everyone at Dotemu, and to our friends at Tribute Games for expertly capturing the classic thrill of the Turtles’ battles with the Foot Clan in a new experience that feels completely fresh and exciting to play.”
“Tribute Games set out to make the ultimate celebration of a chapter in TMNT history that means the world to us, and it’s been wonderful to watch the accessible fun of beat-em-ups resonate with longtime fans and genre newcomers alike,” said Tribute Games Co-Founder Jean-Francois Major. “We’re thankful for all of the support and encouragement the passionate TMNT community has shown us since the reveal of TMNT: Shredder’s Revenge, and we look forward to watching players continue to discover the easter eggs we’ve hidden throughout the game while chaining together some bodacious combos.”
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge features:
- Iconic 80s inspired retro Turtles brawling action on modern platforms
- Six player local & online co-op, featuring Master Splinter, April O’Neil and Casey Jones’ playable debuts in a TMNT beat-em-up
- Attributes, moves and animations tailored to each fighter, channeling their personality and granting each character a unique edge in battle
- Gorgeous pixel renders of signature locales like Dimension X, Coney Island and more
- Absolutely bangin’ original music composed by Tee Lopes, featuring cultural icons Ghostface Killah and Raekwon and a special rendition of the TMNT theme from Faith No More’s Mike Patton
- Expertly crafted platform brawler gameplay from the teams who brought you Streets of Rage 4 and Panzer Paladin
- Newly recorded voicework from the original Turtles lineup, with Cam Clarke returning as Leonardo, Townsend Coleman as Michelangelo, Barry Gordon as Donatello, and Rob Paulsen as Raphael
- Gnarly replayability from the challenge to master all seven characters with gameplay that makes each playthrough feel totally awesome
For an extra large serving of TMNT, visit Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge’s official site to purchase the game and find the latest updates (https://www.shredders-revenge.com/), follow @Dotemu and @TributeGames on Twitter, and join the official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge Discord (https://discord.gg/Xw7Tqp2d7g).