Electronic Arts has announced a next-gen version of Stars Jedi: Fallen Order, due to be released later this year as a free upgrade for owners of the original game.
This updated version will bring “a number of technical improvements” to the game, with details promised to be revealed on a later date.
Fallen Order had already received an optimization patch earlier this year bringing improvements to the backwards compatibility performance for next-gen consoles, including higher dynamic resolution ranges and framerate, as detailed below:
Xbox Series S
- Framerate has been increased to 60 FPS (up from 45 FPS)
Xbox Series X Performance mode
- Framerate has been increased to 60 FPS
- Dynamic resolution added in the range of 1080p to 1440p
Xbox Series X Normal mode (non-performance mode)
- Postprocessing has been increased to 4K
- Dynamic resolution in the range of 1512p to 2160p
It will be interesting to see how Respawn Entertainment further improves the game’s performance.