Today Obsidian Entertainment has released update 0.9.0 for Grounded. This sees the addition of a fair share of small changes. The release of Grounded 0.9 also means we’re getting closer and closer to version 1.0, which means the full release for the game.
Update 0.9 adds things like ladders, cancel attack animations, curved building materials and a creative mode with bugs.
On the Grounded webpage the team has posted the patch notes for version 0.9. You can click here to visit the website, or read them below.
BUILD 0.9.0 NEW FEATURES
- Unlocked via the Hedge BURG.L Chip
- Curved Walls, Floors, and Railings
- 3 Curved Grass Walls
- 2 Curved Grass Floors
- 3 Curved Stem Walls
- 2 Curved Stem Floors
- 2 Curved Railings
- Unlocked via the Pond BURG.L Chip
CREATIVE WITH BUGS
- New Mode Added: Creative with Bugs
- All the building and crafting perks of Creative mode but with all of the bugs spawned in the yard which are completely docile to you.
- Photo Mode Multiplayer Support:
- All players enter and exit photo mode at the same time; the game pauses.
- Each player controls their character’s pose and visibility.
- Each player controls their own camera location and settings.
- Four new poses: Modish Max, Wallowing Willow, Heroic Hoops, and Perilous Pete.
- Recipes are now sorted by subcategories in the Construction radial and in the Crafting menu. Within subcategories, recipes are sorted by their tier.
- Added a take-all option for processing buildings like the Spinning Wheel.
- New combat music when fighting weaker bugs (Mites, Spiderlings, and Water Fleas).
- Save games are significantly smaller on disk.
- Playthroughs in the Save Game UI are grouped and collapsed together making for easier navigation of playthroughs with lots of saves across multiple playthroughs.
CHANGES / TUNING
- Attacks can now be canceled into a block at any point during the animation.
- Attacks now consume stamina on startup rather than on the hit frame.
- Stinkbugs have a new attack.
- Attack interaction display has been updated to match the new interact UI changes from last patch for consistency.
- Increased the draw distance of bases for hosts on higher graphics quality.
- Signs can be placed on walls more reliably.
- Egg hatching now plays visual and sound effects.
- Lure Traps and Spike Traps will now take damage as enemies use/interact with them.
- “Beefy Smoothie?” can now be crafted at the Smoothie Station.
- Improved render performance for games with lots of buildings.
- Improved CPU performance with games with lots of buildings.
- Improved rendering performance for the Xbox One and Xbox One S.
- Reduced the delay before opening the main UI window.
- Reduced the delay before opening the Building radial.
- Reduced the delay before navigating to the Data page.