Developer Bugbear Games announced an update for Game Pass title Wreckfest today that will bring 4k/60 fps to the Xbox Series X and a bit disappointingly 4k/30 fps to the Series S version of the game. The update is titled the Woodland Dash update and the patch notes are listed below. Keep your eyes peeled for our review of the title which should be hitting XboxEra.com and our YouTube page not too long after this update hits:
- New tournament: Woodland Dash
- New routes for Pinehills Raceway
- New free reward car: Hammerhead RS
- 60fps/4K support on Xbox Series X
- Improvements and bug fixes
We’re beyond thrilled to announce the availability of a new tournament!
For the past month or so, you’ve been storming the Wrecknado and weathering the whirlwind of destruction unleashed by the hurricane of crashes, and while wrecking is always super fun, nothing’s better than changing gears every now and then to keep things fresh. That’s right – time to slip on your slickest racing boots again!
This time we’re taking you back to Pinehills Raceway, and it’s all about speed and skill. You’ll be competing with the new smoking hot, race-prepped Hammerhead RS reward car in various racing and slalom events, all taking place on various Pinehills Raceway routes including even some brand new ones that the community has been asking for. And sure enough, everyone’s favorite explosive barrels make a return too in the slalom events so watch out! And who knows, there might be a snowy surprise or two during the tournament too…
We also have good news for the owners of the new, shiny Xbox One Series X. We’re happy to let you know that we have added specific support for this serious piece of hardware, meaning that from now on you get to enjoy Wreckfest rendered at 60fps in the full glory of 4K. Obviously 60fps makes a significant difference in a racing game, so if you’re lucky enough to own a Series X what are you waiting for!
We’re also actively working on improving the gameplay experience based on your feedback, and this release contains a number of additional enhancements and bug fixes. Worth a note in particular is that we’re now confident that the leaderboard tournament events should now work more reliably on Xbox so hopefully no one will be missing out on their rewards from now on. Please do note that updating tournament info (rankings, rewards) might still take some time, but it should no longer fail completely. This time around we’ve also concentrated on addressing numerous issues with the vehicles as highlighted in the community feedback, but we invite you to check out the release notes below for a complete summary of items fixed or improved upon. Thanks for all the feedback, please keep it coming in!
- New Pinehills Raceway routes: Rally Circuit and Rally Circuit Reverse.
(Server admins note: the internal designations for the routes are mixed3_r3 and mixed3_r3_rev)
- New tournament season: Woodland Dash.
- New free tournament reward car: Hammerhead RS.
- (XB1) Tournament updates are now more reliable.
- (XB1) Added Xbox Series X/S detection: 60fps/4K on Series X, 30fps/4K on Series S.
- (XB1) Fixed a case in which the game crashed when entering a career series or in one of the preceding career screens.
- (XB1) Improved profile handling reliability.
- (XB1/PS4) Improved server performance under heavy loads and resilience to errors, added better error logging capabilities.
- (XB1) The client region is now automatically changed when receiving an invitation from another region.
- (XB1) The game no longer crashes when receiving an invite when matchmaking is already in progress.
- It’s no longer possible to accidentally start a “Last Man Standing” event with 0 opponents (causing the event to end immediately).
- Parented non-deforming panels now correctly follow translations, fixing an issue which made some visual parts drift away from the vehicle.
- In Custom Event and Server Options event selection, events are now sorted in alphabetical order.
- Venom and Gorbie AI Players now correctly appear in Class A Custom Events.
- Improved Gorbie Class B AI Player assembly.
- Improved Blade and Gorbie AI Player performance.
- Improved Blade performance to make it more competitive.
- Improved Little Thrasher suspension so that it no longer rolls over as easily.
- Added performance upgrades for Step Van.
- Added tuning parts for Step Van.
- Step Van can now withstand more damage.
- Improved Step Van visual damage.
- Improved WarDigger visual damage.
- Fixed glitches with Nexus RX “BB Racing” tournament bundle panels.
- Fixed Blade side headers glitch.
- Fixed Gorbie fender UVs and missing LOD3 fender.
- Fixed Gorbie LOD hood pivots and exhaust pipe mesh conflict with upright back pipes.
- Fixed a number of issues with Bullet LOD assets.
- Fixed Stepvan roof light damage.
- Fixed Blade spoiler clipping with upright back pipes.
- Fixed Rocket brake caliper clipping with “Wave” rims.
- Fixed Outlaw “Hurricane” tire glitch.
- Fixed Razor brake light glitch.
- Removed painted panels from the default Starbest SS paint.
- Improved Rebelrat brake lights.