Join Sikamikanico and Shpeshal Ed as we discuss the next-gen consoles now they’re finally in our homes, launch games or the lack thereof, controllers, features and those early launch problems like database issues and vaping via your Xbox.
We also dive into some rumours and Ed finally dares to mention Elden Ring once again. We also spend a lot of time on Community Questions from across the forums, Discord and Twitter.
- 00:00:28 – It’s finally here! Next-Gen has begun!
- 00:01:20 – Ed only has a PS5, and he shares his thoughts on the system. (It really is stupidly big)
- 00:04:10 – Thoughts on Next-Gen performance on older games and all the new games – AC:V, Astro’s Playroom, Falconeer, The Touryst and more. 00:12:30 – Tetris Effect – Sik didn’t realise you had a special move through the entire Journey mode.
- 00:17:40 – Astrobot
- 00:19:30 – DualSense and the triggers.
- 00:28:00 – 1TB Expansion Card – super expensive, but very neat.
- 00:30:00 – Storage options for next-gen and PS5 Database errors
- 00:38:50 – PS5 UI and Xbox UI (UI-RANT 2.0)
- 00:59:20 – #Rumourmill – Ohhhhhhhhhhh The Game Awards?
- 01:06:15 – Sik is really looking forward to a “virtual LAN”
- 01:08:40 – Xbox Launch Statistics – Biggest launch ever, 70% of Series X|S buyers have a Game Pass subscription – Phil’s Loophole continues. 01:10:40 – This Gen is going to be a good one. Both Xbox and Playstation are firing on all cylinders and are showing how good games can be. Gamers win!
- 01:12:52 – #CommunityQuestions and a thank you to our Patrons! LOTS of questions this week, some really good ones too, so stick around. What we might see at TGAs, acquisition talk and more. We’ll get through them!