A feature that has been requested many times by the Flight Sim community is support for virtual reality. It seems Asobo Studios and Microsoft have made progress with this feature, as they’re now looking for beta testers for VR.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE?
In order to participate in the VR Closed Beta you must meet or complete the following:
- You must own the sim
- Have a VR headset (WMR HMDs Phase 1, Additional Headsets Phase 2)
- Be a registered Insider
- Submit your DxDiag
- Agree to and adhere to the NDA
- Meet the minimum specifications
- OS: Windows 10 (November 2019 Update – 1909)
- DirectX: DirectX 11
- CPU: Intel i5-4460 or Ryzen 3 1200
- GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 or equivalent
- VRAM: 8 GB
- RAM: 16 GB
- HDD: 150 GB
- Bandwidth: 5 Mbps
It seems players with a Windows Mixed Reality headset are allowed into the program first. Other headsets to follow. Want to join this beta? You can find all the information you need here.