Asobo Studios has released a new patch to Microsoft Flight Simulator today, opening up the game as a closed beta. Previously the game was in alpha. Microsoft Flight Simulator is set to launch on August 18th. The closed beta also has some added features and content which players can fiddle around with.
9 NEW AIRCRAFT
The following airplanes are now available to fly.
- Aviat Pitts Special S2S
- Extra 330LT
- Flight Design CTSL
- Icon A5
- JMB Aircraft VL-3
- Robin Cap10
- Zlin Aviation Savage Cub
- Textron Aviation Beechcraft King Air 350i
- Textron Aviation Cessna Citation CJ4
3 NEW BUSH TRIPS
Bush Trips are a set of activities which test your navigation skills and have you flying long-distance across remote locations.
- Breckenridge to Mariposa Yosemite – Nevada – Savage Cub
- Los Cerros to Cochrane – Patagonia – X Cub
- Rijeka to Santorini – Balkans – Cessna 172 Skyhawk SP
4 NEW FLIGHT TRAINING TUTORIALS
- Flight training teaches you how to fly using a Cessna 152.
- Traffic Patterns – Maneuver safely around a busy airfield
- First Solo Flight – tackle a traffic pattern on your own
- Navigation – Follow a flight plan from point A to point B
- First Solo Navigation – Fly from A to B entirely on your own
22 NEW LANDING CHALLENGES
Well known locations and challenges that are well within reach. Focus on fundamental landing techniques, precision and smoothness.
- Jackson – KJAC, USA – Cessna Citation CJ4
- Llanada Grande – SCLD, Chile – Cessna C172 Skyhawk (G1000)
- New York – KJFK, USA – Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental
- Nice – LFMN, France – Beechcraft Bonanza G36
- Quito – SEQM, Ecuador – Beechcraft King Air 350i
- Rio de Janeiro – SBGL, Brazil – Airbus A320neo
- Sydney – YSSY, Australia – Airbus A320neo
- Toronto – CYTZ, Canada – Daher TBM 930
Face the most iconic and dangerous places to land in the world.
- Aspen – KASE, USA – Cessna Citation CJ4
- Bugalaga – WX53, Indonesia – Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan EX
- Lukla – VNLK, Nepal – Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan EX
- Paro – VQPR, Kingdom of Bhutan – Airbus A320neo
- Saba – TNCS, Caribbean Netherlands – Beechcraft King Air 350i
- Saint-Barthelemy – TFFJ, French Antilles – Daher TBM 930
- Tegucigalpa – MHTG, Honduras – Airbus A320neo
- Strong Winds
Strong winds make a pilot’s job even harder. Contend with air currents and crosswinds along the approach path to ensure a good landing.
- Donegal – EIDL, ireland – Beechcraft Bonanza G36
- Funchal – LPMA, Portugal – Airbus A320neo
- Gibraltar – LXGB, United Kingdom – Airbus A320neo
- Innsbruck – LOWI, Austria – Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental
- Nanwalek – KEB, USA – Cessna C172 Skyhawk (G1000)
- Nassau – MYNN, Bahamas – Daher TBM 930
- Queenstown – NZQN, New Zealand – Cessna Citation CJ4
Microsoft Flight Sim now supports Track IR. This must be configured outside of the sim in the normal method. Track IR is available in the following locations:
- Menu – Hangar
- In-flight – Cockpit camera
- In-flight – Chase camera
Want to learn more about the closed beta? You can check out their blog post here. Invites for the closed beta are being sent out till July 30th.