At Minecon 2019 Mojang announced the Nether update for Minecraft. Today the studio has revealed the update is coming soon. Very soon.
On June 23rd Mojang will start rolling out the Nether update. It will hit all platforms at once. So the Java and Bedrock edition will see this update at the same time.
Interested to know what’s in this Nether update? Check out the list below.
Nether Update 1.16
- Soulsand Valley, a new biome with fossils, basalt, blue fog and flames
- Netherwart Forest Red, a new biome filled with weeping vines and a dense atmosphere
- Netherwart Forest Blue, similar to the red forest. But with some differences, like fungus and nether roots
- Basalt Deltas, a new biome with volcanic activity, blackstone, lava and glowstones
- Hoglins, the Piglin Beast
- Piglins, a create that loves gold. And you can trade with them.
- Striders, a passive mobe that spawns in lava lakes and is immune to fire. Breedable and rideable.
- Zoglins, a new creature, like a terrifying Hoglin
- A bunch of new items; Snout banner pattern, Pigstep music disc, Warped Fungus on a Stick, Lodestone Compass, Soul Speed Enchanted Book, Netherite Scrap, Netherite Ingot
- And a bunch of new blocks, such as Soul Torch, Nether roots, Fungus and Basalt
Want to learn more about the Nether Update? Check out the official Minecraft website. They’ve got all the details.