The latest Halo Waypoint Community Update dropped today, and as well as some updates on Reach, Halo 5, Halo CE for MCC o PC (that’s a mouthful!) and the Halo TV show from Showtime, the team at 343 also dropped some other nuggets of information for the rabid Halo community.
On Halo Infinite:
- Release date: Holiday 2020
- Platforms: Xbox Series X (formerly known as Project Scarlett), the entire Xbox One family of devices, and Windows PCs
- In Universe Timing: It follows the Master Chief’s story some time after Halo 5: Guardians’ conclusion
- Flighting Programs: These opt-in flights will start small and slowly expand out until release, so sign up for the Halo Insider program!
- Pro Team: We’ve assembled an internal Pro Team for Halo Infinite
- Splitscreen: Splitscreen is up and running internally
- LAN: Halo Infinite will support LAN
- Back in Black: Black Undersuits will be in the game
- Player Customization: If you liked the level of armor customization options in Halo: Reach, you will be pleased
- SR 152: Players who hit SR 152 in Halo 5: Guardians will receive a token of appreciation in Halo Infinite
- Forge: Our famous editing tool will be in Halo Infinite and will have Undo & Redo buttons, which is a first for Forge.
Most of this already known of course, but it’s good to see that flighting has been reaffirmed for 2020. For the fans that get to test some of Halo Infinite a little earlier than the rest of us, consider yourselves lucky!
As well as gifting us the lovely piece of new concept art we’ve used for our banner here, there’s also this great Holiday themed Halo image.
If you want to read the full blog, head over to Halo Waypoint.