Good news Gears fans – the Gears 5 Tech Test drops this weekend! The Coalition and Xbox Game Studios dropped an absolutely badass trailer to get us all excited and chainsawing each other in half like it’s 2006 all over again.
This will be the big reveal of Arcade, a brand new type of versus experience for all players, with hero characters each utilising distinct abilities and weapon upgrades.
Get your first taste of Arcade and five hero characters in the Gears 5 tech test on July 19th. And remember, if you subscribe to Gamepass Ultimate, you’re already set – no preorder required.
How to play:
- For Xbox Game Pass Ultimate or Xbox Game Pass subscribers, access is included in your membership.
- Beginning on July 17th at 10am PDT, you will be able to pre-download the Tech Test from the Game Pass Library as you would with any other game on Game Pass.
- You can also access the Technical Test by pre-ordering digitally via the Xbox Store, or by redeeming a code provided when pre-ordering a physical copy at participating retailers. See below for a list of participating retailers.
- As the Technical Test is online multiplayer, an Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate membership will be required to play.
Windows 10 PC
- For Xbox Game Pass Ultimate or Xbox Game Pass for PC subscribers, access is included in your membership.
- You can also access the Technical Test by pre-ordering digitally via the Windows Store. Starting July 17th at 10am PDT, you can search for ‘Gears 5’ in the Windows Store to download the Tech Test ready for the weekend.
- You can not partake the technical test via Steam.
- For players on Windows 10 PC, check out the chart below for minimum and recommended Gears 5 Tech Test specs: